Wednesday, January 14, 2009

'Professionalism' or ' A way to mask your 'shortcomings'

My mind today was preocuppied the whole day.. I had a experience today in office that yet again made me believe to be careful of people around!! Its so 'not good' to be 'professional'. The so called 'professionals' might just be back stabing you and call it 'being professional'. In the 3rd month of mine, in this corporate world.. I found a strange thing.. People with 5 to 6 years of experience want me to get involved in the stupid office politics. I really couldnt believe I was forced to be a part of the politics (me being the junior most designation wise, age wise).. Politics out of which no one is going to gain anything!! (I tried my best not to be a part of it and faced the consequences!!)

Today was one more day when I was forced to think on the same lines.. and I know there are many more to come.. I just hope that people around in workplace are not acting all the time.. I hope they potray themselves as they are..

And now, after writing this I feel that this post is nothing but a vent to my frustration.. I am new to this world of prefessionalism.. So I would be more than pleased if someone comes up and tells me that my view on professionalism is wrong.. :)

I should not forget to mention that I still find people who really want someone else to grow 'professionally'. :)

1 comment:

  1. As you are a newbie in this corportae world, so you must have felt the heat in the form of office politics... but I personally believe that if U are true from within and work sincerely, U might not gain in the short run. But, yes... in the longer race of Life u grow matured and in no time u gain confidence in urself to ignore the stupid politics that lie in every step of this living.. be it workplace or home.. Just do ur work sincerely!!!

    ReplyDelete